Gelatin with fresh fruit – think jello!
Using fresh juice from fruit or vegetables and a quality gelatin we can bring this familiar food back into our diets and provide this nutrition to our bodies:
– improve joint health
– improve digestion
– rebuild muscle, tissue and bones
– coats and heals stomach lining
– alleviates food and other allergies
– acts as anti-anxiety and anti-depressant meds
– improves sleep quality
Instead of the unhealthy elements we used to add like cool whip and marshmallows consider adding creaminess with Greek yogurt or mascarpone cheese. The added protein will make this a filling snack. Use chopped nuts as a topping.
Here’s an easy recipe:
– 1.5 c fruit juice
– 1/4 c cool water
– 1/4 c hot water (almost boiling)
– 1 T gelatin powder (adjust if needed)
– 1-2 c fresh fruit (adjust if needed)
– Pour the really hot water in a large mixing cup or bowl, then add gelatin powder.
– Stir briskly until mixed
– Add the ¼ cup of cool water and stir to mix.
– Combine this with the juice and mix well.
– Put the fruit into the container that you are going to make the jello in. 8×8 baking dishes work well.
– Pour the jello mixture over the fruit and stir lightly to make sure it has coated the fruit too.
– Put in the fridge, covered, for at least 2-3 hours or overnight and serve.
NOTE: Some fruit & fruit juice will cause the gelatin not to set as firmly. (lemon, pineapple)